For Cubo2 Smart Unit
Oil charging procedure:
- Close the evaporator electronic expansion valve by raising the set point of the cooled space.
- Wait for the CUBO to pump down and switch off the compressors.
- Switch off the condensing unit (using ON/OFF command on the display).
- Close ball valve 3 in the CDU (90 on circuit diagram).
- Fully open the evaporator electronic expansion valve using the Carel magnet or using a suitable manual process for your EEV.
- Vent gas at valve 1 until pressure drops to 0 bar g (check on display), internal check valve (138 on circuit diagram) will prevent emptying the whole circuit.
- Connect a line from the oil can to valve 2 (liquid line service port) and using a vacuum being drawn from valve 1 (via the evaporator), pull the oil into the liquid line.
- When all the oil is in the system shut valve 2 (liquid line service port) and continue to pull the system into deep vacuum from valve 1 only.
- When the vacuum is achieved charge vapour through valve 1 up to 10 bar.
- Restore the automatic management of the evaporator electronic expansion valve and reset the set point if adjusted.
- Open ball valve 3 in the CDU (90 on circuit diagram).
- Switch ON the unit (using ON/OFF command).
- Recharge some additional refrigerant (same quantity removed from liquid line).