How does the oil separator filter replacement procedure take place?
Removal and replacement of coalescent oil separator filter:
NOTE: If the unit is equipped with bypass on the oil separator, there is no need to stop the compressor to change the filter core.
- Set inverter compressor max frequency to 50 Hz.
- Open valve 96C.
- Close valves 96A, 96B & 92A.
- Pump down pack as per Pump Down Procedure.
- Remove the cup from the top of valve 109.
- Connect on ¼ flare connection a suitable pipe and vent pressure from inside the oil separator by opening the valve (ensure pressure is vented to a well ventilated area).
Vent pressure from oil separator into a suitable oil container to stop oil contamination to the environment.
- Once pressure has equalised with atmosphere verify by attaching a suitably rated gauge manifold and setting discharge service valve open ½ way.
- Remove separator top plate and replace filter and O-ring/gasket as per manufacturer’s instructions.
- Replace separator top plate as per manufacturer’s instruction ensuring the correct torque is applied to all fixings.
- Evacuate the separator and compressor 1 to 0.5 torr by attaching a vacuum pump to the HP service port on compressor 1.
- Once 0.5 torr is achieved, isolate the vacuum pump and break vacuum with vapour CO2 up to 10 bar.
- After this is completed ensure pressure reading > 5barg.
- If reading lower repeat vacuum break procedure.
- Open oil shut off valve 92A.
- Open valves 96B & 96D.
- Close valve 96C